We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant recommendations

Which Saint Johnsbury hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
6,600 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant recommendations

Can anyone recommend some good restaurants in the area? I am most interested in places that use local/reginoal ingredients.

Thanks!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant recommendations

My favorites in the area:

Elements in St. Johnsbury

The Creamery in Danville (7 miles west of Danville)

and

Tamarack Grill at Burke Mountain (20 minutes north of St. Johnsbury).

All use local ingredients when possible and are really good.

I recommend making a reservation for Elements or Tamarack. I don't believe the Creamery takes reservations.

Vermont
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant recommendations

Great suggestions - please also consider:

Lyndon Freigthouse - they are part of the Vermont Fresh Network - using farm to table culinary practices.

Junipers at the Wildflower Inn

Stepping Stone Spa - for lunch when open.

We have links to all of the suggested locations on our website. Travelthekingdom.com

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant recommendations

Why would TA allow the likes of VermontNEK to post a self-promotion of their own travel website?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant recommendations

I guess what needs clarification is whether the website you are touting is a "for profit" private travel website, or whether it is essentially operating as a Chamber of Commerce-style website. It's not clear to me which you are...

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant recommendations

I agree with SOTT. VermontsNEK: read the posting guidelines or you are in danger of being booted off of TA! You may have good ideas to share, but you are crossing the line of promoting a business - taboo in these parts.

Sorry to participate in hijacking the thread, just wanted to make this public....

6. Re: restaurant recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 08:21
Get answers to your questions about Saint Johnsbury