We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Lights Lodge - Stowe

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Northern Lights Lodge - Stowe

I booked two nights in October at Northern Lights Lodge and now I am scared. The comments didn't seem that bad when I booked but now after reading them again it sounds awful! We really don't require much but we do prefer the place to be clean. I'm afraid at this late date I may not can cancel. Need advise on whether to chance it or spend double on something nicer.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Lights Lodge - Stowe

Ouch. The last positive review was nearly a year ago, and the last dozen reviews have been pretty negative. That's scary.

Still, there won't be much left in foliage season in Stowe, since most of the good places have been booked. If it was me, I'd find another hotel, but I wouldn't cancel this one until I had a "bird in hand".

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Lights Lodge - Stowe

I think the NLL have a two week cancellation policy - so if you are more than 2 weeks from your trip then it may be wise to try and find find alternative accommodation quickly so as not to lose your deposit. Do check out places on Tripadvisor that still have availability at this late stage BEFORE you book though as unless your looking midweek, availability at a weekend could indicate the place is just aas bad (unless of course they've had a cancellation)

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Lights Lodge - Stowe

Thanks, I don't know what I was thinking when I booked it. Better get to looking. Anyone have any ideas of something reasonably priced yet clean? Doesn't have to be right in Stowe, just in northern Vermont somewhere.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northern Lights Lodge - Stowe

I have taken a look online at LJ's Lodge and they still had vacancy when I called a few days ago. However, all of their reviews are older, though they have good reviews, most of the people posting such reviews only had one post, so you know how that goes. It is a pet-friendly motel, and I also know it is for sale. So, I am not thrilled with my reservations either at my hotel, and have considered LJ's, but just don't know what to do! Let me know what you do decide...

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,140 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northern Lights Lodge - Stowe

The Golden Eagle is our hands-down favorite for a good clean reasonably priced place with plenty of amenities (large indoor pool/jacuzzi, walking trails on-property, good restaurant, etc..). The Mtn Road Resort is another backup option, which is more of a typical modern hotel-type place. Clean and nice, though it's a bit lacking in character. Good luck and enjoy!

6. Re: Northern Lights Lodge - Stowe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 07:26