We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stowe in the summer

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Stowe in the summer

I am looking for a nice 5 day summer trip with my husband and 2 daughters ages 8 and 12. Last summer we visited Lake Placid and really enjoyed it. Is there enough to keep us busy in Stowe in August? Also, we wanted a high end resort- which is nicer and has more to do- Top Notch, Trapp or Stowe Mountain resort? Thanks!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,951 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stowe in the summer

There's plenty to do in and around Stowe to keep you busy for 5 days. Do a few searches in the vermont forum for 'stowe activities' or 'stowe things to do' and you'll get lots of info.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stowe in the summer

You will find more to see and do in Stowe than you found in Lake Placid, so no worries there.

Regarding your 3 resorts, the "highest end" resort, and also the newest, is Stowe Mountain Lodge. Personally, I'd pick that vs. Topnotch or Trapp, as long as you don't mind the big price tag.

istanbul
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stowe in the summer

There is a lot to do in Stowe. You can also visit http://www.gostowe.com/

Trapp Family Lodge would be very good choice with a wonderful hill view.

Probably, there will be some annual events when you there too.

best wishes.

Edited: 11 May 2010, 22:21
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stowe in the summer

Dont forget that Ben & Jerry's is in the area.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stowe in the summer

More than enough for you to do. Do a thorough search and you will come up with many things. Stowe is a good base. You can easily travel a good share of VT from there without it taking hours. I envy your trip. We love it there.

6. Re: Stowe in the summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:15