We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Von Trapp Family Lodge

new england
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Von Trapp Family Lodge

Hello. I'm considering exchanging our timeshare for a week at the Guest Houses at the Von Trapp Family Logde. The reviews on the guest houses appear to be mixed and man of the review indicate that the rooms are dated. Can anyone provide information regarding the accomondations and the resort itself. Is there a lot to do at the resort and the surrounding areas?

istanbul
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Von Trapp Family Lodge

Hello,

There is a fitness center and climbing wall and hot tub in the complex.And one can have walking/jogging around. It has a wonderful view. Also, cycling is available around prepared path around the hill. There is a tea house for a great 5:00pm activity:)

Probably, guest houses are dated. You should arrange it earlier than arrived. And as far as I remember, one has to rent it at least for 3 days.

I would recommend Trapp's to anyone. Every part of the day is nice to experience there.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Von Trapp Family Lodge

A little dated, I'm guessing, but not depressing. Call it Old World charm:)

The village of Stowe and Mount Mansfield have a lot to offer. Burlington and Shelburne are an hour away, Montpelier and Waterbury are fairly nearby.

3. Re: Von Trapp Family Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 06:19