We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's ideas

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's ideas

Hi! We are a married couple in our early 30s coming up to Stowe after Christmas. We have plenty of things on our itinerary up until New Year's Day. What do people do in the Stowe area on this day? I know a lot of places are closed. Was thinking of having lunch at the Trapp Family Lodge and then watch the Winter Classic at The Sunset Grill. Any other ideas of things to do?

For New Year's Eve we are headed to Lagniappe and maybe The Rusty Nail afterwards. Unless, there's something else better? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Vermont
Level Contributor
337 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's ideas

First I must correct you. Most, if not all businesses will be open, as this holiday is the "bread and butter" of the winter season. New years day is a great day to ski, as the slopes are not as crowded, as many people tend to sleep in.

If I had to choose what bar/club to spend my new years eve at, I'd probably go with the Matterhorn. The Rusty Nail has been closed and is opening in early December, but they have left many locals disenfranchised and as a result, their business has suffered. It remains to be seen how the new management is. We are all rooting for them though!

Anyway, get outside, enjoy the peacefulness of winter in Vermont. Maybe check to see what shows are playing at the new performing arts center at the mountain, or go for an ice skate at Jackson arena.

Have fun!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,373 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's ideas

Ditto. The Matterhorn has always been a lively local place on NYE.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's ideas

Thank you. When I checked the websites of The Magic Hat, Teddy Bear Factory, Church St. Marketplace and other touristy sites, all were closed on New Year's Day. But it's good to know the entire area doesn't shut down!

Thanks for the tip on the Matterhorn. :)

4. Re: New Year's ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 06:24