We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to TenAcres Lodge?

Suffield...
Level Contributor
15 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
What happened to TenAcres Lodge?

We are here inStowe and are extremely sorry to see that the lodge and more importantly Lagniappe are closed. It was one of the best restaurants in Stowe. Anyone that can share any Information. it would be greatly appreciated.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
431 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to TenAcres Lodge?

In a review here in June, someone complained that their reservation was canceled on short notice and the owner responded that he had to travel 1500 miles away to take care of his mother. So maybe this was necessary again?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to TenAcres Lodge?

I don't know what happened, but the place is openly listed for sale:

beangroup.com/real-estate/…20lodge

Their website is still up and running, though the owner's last blog post was in mid-March:

http://www.tenacreslodge.com/blog/

Suffield...
Level Contributor
15 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to TenAcres Lodge?

Thank you both for your input. Upon further investigating (for lack of a better word) we saw a Public Notice on the front door. Short version- due to some tax problems the former owner can no longer operate at this address. I don't know if the problems stemmed from his family problems all I know is Stowe is missing a great restaurant and I want to wish Frank and his family the best of luck for the future. He was always a gracious host and a pleasure to talk to.

4. Re: What happened to TenAcres Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 20:15