We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on Mountain Road or Stowe Village

Hingham
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants on Mountain Road or Stowe Village

We're staying at SML next week (Feb18-20) and I'm looking for family friendly restaurants for dinner and breakfast. We don't want to drive any further than downtown. Hope to try Piecasso -I suspect it will be packed during next week's school vacation holiday week - any suggestions on what time to arrive to keep it under a reasonable wait time? Would Monday or Tuesday night be better for crowds? I've already made a reservation at Solstice for Wed night for convenience but if there are other more interesting/family menu/moderate priced options in town we'd like to try them. Also for breakfast heading out of town on Wednesday I've read about McCarthy's and Jaime's - are these both downtown? One better than the other for food or wait time? Other breakfast suggestions? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Piecasso Pizzeria & Lounge
Piecasso Pizzeria...
1,911 Reviews
Stowe, VT
McCarthy's Restaurant
McCarthy's Restaurant
685 Reviews
Stowe, VT
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,205 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on Mountain Road or Stowe Village

McCarthy's is on the Mtn Road, just prior to the village (on the left side as you drive from SML to the village). It's been a top pic of our for preakfasts. Haven't had other meals there, but bet it's good.

Our fav in the past couple of years has been Trattoria la Festa, which is quite close to SML. Excellent and relatively modestly priced Italian fare, and a nice atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
McCarthy's Restaurant
McCarthy's Restaurant
685 Reviews
Stowe, VT
Trattoria La Festa
Trattoria La Festa
362 Reviews
Stowe, VT
Vermont
Level Contributor
363 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on Mountain Road or Stowe Village

Obviously, everybody has an opinion, so I'll give you mine. I think you cannot go wrong with Picasso, great food and I believe they do take reservations. I would also check out Trattoria as suggested. Another favorite is Harrison's, but the other two or more "Family" if you hav younger kids.

For breakfast, Cafe on Main (was Jamie's) has great food and it does have a few tables, but it really isn't a sit down and eat kind of restaurant. McCarthy's is a no brainer, must stop. Don't be fooled by the line to the door. It is actually quite short (shorter than it looks) and goes very fast. One seated, the service is even faster.

Mentioned in this post
Harrison's Restaurant & Bar
Harrison's Restaurant...
1,451 Reviews
Stowe, VT
Cafe on Main
Cafe on Main
280 Reviews
Stowe, VT
McCarthy's Restaurant
McCarthy's Restaurant
685 Reviews
Stowe, VT
3. Re: Restaurants on Mountain Road or Stowe Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Stowe
Recent Conversations