We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for some good, hearty family fare

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
outside Boston
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for some good, hearty family fare

Who we are:

me-29, DH-30, my boys, almost 3 and 1.

We'll be visiting Stowe at the end of July. I plan to book the Golden Eagle Resort.

We're looking for some good places to dine...casual, home-cookin', stick-to-your-ribs kinda places. We'll mostly be in the Stowe area, probably head to Burlington for a day.

Breakfast comes with our stay, but we just might skip it and try something else if you insist :)

Thanks!

Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
902 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for some good, hearty family fare

We're big fans of The Shed. The menu is varied, everything from burgers to steaks. Not world class by any means but good, reasonably priced food and friendly service.

Northwestern VT
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for some good, hearty family fare

Take your kids to McCarthy's for pancakes! This is a great place for a casual lunch, too. They also have a temting dessert case.

McCarthy's Restaurant

2043 Mountain Road / Rte 108 in Stowe

Tel: 802-253-8626

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g57415-d40…

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for some good, hearty family fare

Both of the above are good suggestions.

The Sunset Grill is also popular -- but it's not very --er-- polished. But good for families.

Also, Pie In the Sky is an excellent pizza joint -- and it's just across the road from the Golden Eagle. Great place for kids.

4. Re: Looking for some good, hearty family fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 23:18