We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sights to see enroute niagara falls to stowe

Raceland, Louisiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
sights to see enroute niagara falls to stowe

We are two couples, 55+, traveling from Florida, Louisiana. Husband wants to see Niagara Falls. Other couple would like to see Vermont. I just like to see anything new. I am the planner and am currently thinking about flying into Buffalo, 3 nights in Niagara Falls, then driving to Stowe and spending 4-5 nights in Stowe. We would fly out of Burlington.We all like to bike and hike.Would this make sense to combine the two? Any sights to see enroute to make the drive more enjoyable (although I know longer). Coming in late June/early July. Thank you.

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sights to see enroute niagara falls to stowe

Sounds like fun. Three nights is too long to spend in Niagara Falls as you can see it all in one day easily, two tops if you explore every nook and cranny. The Erie Canal has a bike path, so you may want to do some research into that. If you want to do something in between the Falls and VT, the Adirondacks are your logical choice. It's out of the way, but a night or two in Lake Placid would be nice that time of year. If you wanted to spend even more time, you could go to Toronto and/or Kingston, Ontario and go around the northern edge of Lake Ontario,

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sights to see enroute niagara falls to stowe

Cooperstown, if you like baseball, Lake Placid. I agree 3 nights in buffalo is more than you need. see the falls have some wings move on...

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
480 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sights to see enroute niagara falls to stowe

You'll be passing near the Finger Lakes in New York; I don't know much about them but my friends who live there think the area is beautiful so maybe get some suggestions from the Finger Lakes forum and substitute a night there for one in Niagara Falls?

4. Re: sights to see enroute niagara falls to stowe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Stowe
Recent Conversations