We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Car Hire

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
387 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best Car Hire

Hi,

Looking to pick up a car from Boston airport mid-October, want a car hire to include the full monty, all insurances etc, Sat Nav - best deal for a UK booking. My brain is boggled looking at all the comparison sites :)

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Car Hire

You may want to post this in the Boston forum. I usually use carrentals.com to compare prices and then book directly through the rental car company. Any of the national companies will treat you right. The US is not like some parts of the world where renting a car involves spending lots of energy to avoid being scammed (per my recent experience in Portugal). It is fairly straightforward once you know what you are looking for.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Car Hire

Evening Bluebell 101,

If you book from a UK site they must by law include things like CDW which US sites will not. UK Car consolidators websites will offer good value but you really need to decide what type of car you need. I find Avis UK often offers good value, but do check out sites like British Airways as they only have a tie up with Avis and bulk buying by them will sometimes give better value. Often the large sites like Hertz will have US special rates on their UK websites.

Sat Nav is nearly always and extra unless you rent with Hertz and go for some of their 'fun' or 'special' models.

3. Re: Best Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:17