We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Millbrook Inn

3 posts
Save Topic
Millbrook Inn

While doing some research on Inns with ski and stay packages for Mad River Glen and Sugarloaf, The Mill Brook Inn has caught my attention. Its actually located in Fayston, but they use a Waitsfield adress.

The place seems pretty nice and very reasonable. The classic cape style building may not as elaborate as some of the other Inn buildings in the area, but I have convinced myself I don't care. Also there seems to be another large part of the house to the left when facing the front door, but I can't seem to find a picture of it. Has anyone seen it?

Nowadays it seems most Inns have pictures of their rooms on line and Millbrook's rooms don't look much different than other places. The food seems good. I mean the same inn keepers have been running it since 1979 which is a good sign and they certianly seem to know their food! I mean if the place has homey grown ingredients with great food I'm hoping its a place that can satisfy us after we have been out sking all day. And besides we are Americans and were gona totaly pig out and over eat when we are on vaction. Will we be satisfied?

I mean totaly. This place with its Ski, Stay and Dine pacages include two meals a day a lift ticket and tax for what other places charge for for a similar deal with only breakfast.

I mean like ive seen reviews on the resturant, but they were pretty descriptive, but lacked very much critiquing. Can any one tell me any more about this place that seems good so far to me from what I have read. But I want more information or a totally honest review posted here. I mean I want details! Will we keep other guest awake if we drink too much and burp all night? Details please!

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Millbrook Inn

Hi Barbabright,

Your research for a good deal, gave you a very good one, The Millbrook, I know this place well.

The inn has been run by the same couple for many years, they do everything themselves, all day, all night, seven days a week. They do this for months on end, then they stop. They Close the doors for another series of months and travel the world, bringing back the stories and culture they pick up along the way (photo journals are there to be seen as well). They create dishes and pair them to wines they have had along their travels, the food there is always delicious, homemade and I always feel like it is, "real food, by real people". Sounds good? well, it is, but as anyone in Vermont can attest that any small business open since 1979 with the same owners requires back breaking hard work, especially in hospitallity.

So, if you are looking for a place you are "gona totaly pig out and over eat when we are on vaction" and "drink too much and burp all night" maybe the Millbrook is not for you. As with all country inns/Bed and Breakfast it's like staying at someone's home, which means some simple respect to the host, the other guest and the place itself. Though, if you are looking for a place that can be enlightening with dinner and conversation, resting, romantic, a place where locals and tourist both enjoy through the interaction with the host, and other travelers, after a day of playing hard, you'll love the Millbrook.

Also, The Millbrook has a super location, as you said, but it is between Mad River Glen and Sugarbush.

Hope to see you in Vermont, the snow has been great lately and it's definately shaping up to be be a great season!

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Millbrook Inn

Buen muchaco

Curious where in VT you are. We haven't had much snow at all this year so far. We have friends in NE Kingdom who have only have 3-6"

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Millbrook Inn

Thank you so much for all the information about the Mill Brook Inn. It does sound awsome and I'm still seriosly considering it. And I'm very convinced the food is very good! It also is a good sign that when you look at their web site its pretty well book right now at an odd time in the ski season. I'm guessing they got lots of repeat buisness.

I can also assure you that we can behave ourselves. I think we can keep the noise leval under control. I was just looking for some good honest info about the place. Some of the things you can read about here are funny. People complaing about some guy in a neighboring room snorring all night and keeping them awake, or guests complaing because they had to turn a swich next to a light bulb to turn on a lamp! Funny stuff.

But im excited to check out the Fayston area and the sking. Its a part of Vermont neither of us a are familiar with. As a kid we (my family) use to go to Lake Elmore and Lake Carmi a lot, and I even saw Return of the Jedi at the Theartre on Main Street in Saint Albans one rainy summer afternoon in 1983. But the part of the state just south of Waterbury will be all new to us!

Anyhow! If anyone else wants to share their info on the Millbrook, dont be shy! Or wright a review in the review section.

4. Re: Millbrook Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 10:39
Get answers to your questions about Waitsfield
Recent Conversations