We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb 09 - Need Ideas

Which Dover hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
3 posts
Save Topic
Feb 09 - Need Ideas

Hi,

We are coming up to the New Paw House Inn next month with our dog. Looking for some dog friendly activities we can do locally. Any suggestions?

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb 09 - Need Ideas

Snow shoeing or cross-country skiing on public land (I don't believe a private x-c ski area would allow dogs, but you could check). Strolling around any of the local communities. Perhaps you could train your dog to pull you in a dog sled (wish my dog would do that)....just kidding. I would suggest you ask the folks at the inn who have to be experienced with this type of question. But if they can't help, what kinds of things do you mean? I don't travel with my dog, so I don't really "get" how people do it!

Wilmington, Vermont
Level Contributor
118 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb 09 - Need Ideas

The Town of Wilmington just opened a trail for hiking and snow shoeing in the Lake Raponda area which might be of interest to you. The trail starts at the parking lot to the Town Beach on Raponda Road and should be fairly well marked. For further information and additional suggestions you can either speak to your innkeeper or call the Mt Snow Chamber (802-464-8092)

Enjoy your visit to the Deerfield Valley.

PA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Feb 09 - Need Ideas

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

4. Re: Feb 09 - Need Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 22:19