We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendation Request

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendation Request

Hello, My daughter will be graduating from Virginia-Tech in May and I want to treat her and about 10-12 family members to a first-class dinner. could someone recommend the BEST restaurant within 25 miles of blacksburg?

thank you, Jerry

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant Recommendation Request

Hi Jerry,

I have a son starting at VT.

Hope your celeberation goes well...please let me know your opinion of the restaurant.

Thanks,

Nancy

Va.
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant Recommendation Request

Hello, I too have a daughter graduating from Va-Tech I was wondering if anyone has eaten at Bogen's on main st? They have a room for 20-25 people the menu has a good variety to choose from. Thank you,Kate

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant Recommendation Request

Hi Kate,

First congrats to your daughter! I finished undergrad in 2000 and masters in 02. I loved every minute of being at VT and miss Blacksburg so much. I spend the whole year waiting for the fall and football season so I can get back up there again.

As far as Bogens I have eaten there several times. The food is pretty good, but nothing exceptional. I typically get a sandwich or soup and salad, so I don't know about their steaks. Personally I think of it as small step above an Applebees or Ruby Tuesday, just for comparison.

Hope this helps, and again congratulations to your daughter!

14. Re: Restaurant Recommendation Request

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Blacksburg
More Blacksburg Topics