We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BW/Red Lion Inn-Blacksburg, VA

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
BW/Red Lion Inn-Blacksburg, VA

I was just wondering if the Red Lion Inn (formerly a Best Western), located at 900 Plantation Rd in Blacksburg, VA still exists. It is no longer listed on this website and I am having trouble finding information regarding this hotel. I do know that it lost its BW franchise not too long ago, but I am not sure of the current status of this hotel. Any information regarding this hotel would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Herndon, VA
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: BW/Red Lion Inn-Blacksburg, VA

I was Tech just a few decades ago :o). Know of Bruce Smith. What's up with the Sheraton Premiere Prices Fork Rd...Bruce operating a hotel yet? When can we expect it -- any idea/

woodstock, ga
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: BW/Red Lion Inn-Blacksburg, VA

I just drove through the parking lot, around to the back, and back out the main entrance yesterday (Sat, 25 Nov 06). All signage is gone. All the guest rooms are completely empty (the curtains are gone, so you can see in) and there appeared to be some restaurant equipment piled by the front door under the porte cochere. It was sad to see the place looking so abandoned, especially with all the brown leaves piled up against the obviously unused doors. It used to be so grand. I graduated in '76 and have fond memories of the place

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
338 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: BW/Red Lion Inn-Blacksburg, VA

Thought some may find this interesting.

About a week after bulldozers began dismantling the Red Lion Inn, Blacksburg Town Council will help decide what rises up in its place.

www.architectmagazine.com/industry-news.asp…

va
Level Contributor
574 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: BW/Red Lion Inn-Blacksburg, VA

Big Big things happening now it looks as if it will be beautiful

15. Re: BW/Red Lion Inn-Blacksburg, VA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Blacksburg
More Blacksburg Topics