We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn

Indiana
Level Contributor
163 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Inn

I wish to stay in a Hampton Inn near a metro stop. Which one is closest? Chantilly, Reston, or Sterling?

Chantilly is cheapest and Sterling is the most expensive. Is one in a better area for evening meals?

Last Dc visit was in Manassas---too far from metro--took 20 min to metro and 30 min. to Smithsonian

Want to be lots closer this time, but need an indoor pool AND spa tub/whirlpool.

Would consider other hotels with these features.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn

None of the above. Everything you disliked about Manassas you will dislike about these three locations. While closer in terms of miles to the Metro than Manassas, because of local traffic your travel time won't be much shorter. Look at hotels in Arlington or Alexandria if you want one with a pool and whirlpool. There are many posts about this on the Washington, D.C. forum.

Indiana
Level Contributor
163 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn

One of these Hamptons is 2 miles from a metro stop. I would think you could go 2 miles in 10 minutes. Arlington hotels don't have indoor pools and whirlpools for under 200+ a night. too pricey for me.

Manassas was 10 miles from the metro in bumper to bumper morning traffic. What is the HOV Lane?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Inn

HOV = High Occupancy Vehicle. It's designed to encourage car pooling. Depending on which road in the area you are talking about, they are either HOV 2 (meaning you need driver + 1 passenger) or HOV 3 (driver + 2 passengers).

Sterling, Chantilly, and Reston are nowhere near the outermost Metro station (Vienna / Fairfax). To get to that station, all involve stretches on either the same interstate you took in from Manassas or the Dulles Toll Road, which also backs up in the morning. Perhaps the one in Reston is that distance from the Park & Ride lot along the Dulles Toll Road that has express bus service. What is the street address of the hotel that claims to be 2 miles from Metro?

Look at the map on the Hampton Inn website of their hotels in Northern Virginia. The one in Fairfax City (no pool or hot tub) is three miles due west of the Vienna Metro. As you'll see on the main map, all the others are an additional five to eight miles further west / north from that hotel.

You should take a look at the Hampton Inn Convention Center in downtown D.C. Their rates are often under $200 a night, and put you right downtown. They have a pool and hot tub.

Indiana
Level Contributor
163 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampton Inn

The hotels advertise near to metro, but never say which one. I assumed there was a metro stop in Reston, or very near there.

I will check out the Convention Center.

Indiana
Level Contributor
163 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hampton Inn

Would it be better to stay in Bethesda? I just want the name of a hotel under $150 a night with pool and spa that is very close to a metro stop(I don't have a preference to a certain stop). I will do Holiday Inn, comfort Suites, Hampton, Fairfield, etc. I like Courtyard/Marriott, but they are high, as are Embassy Suites. No recession in DC! LOL!

6. Re: Hampton Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Chantilly