We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Air Balloon from Hotel or B&B

Which Charlottesville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hot Air Balloon from Hotel or B&B

Does anyone know of a hotel or B&B that you can take hot air balloon rides directly from the place. 25 years ago my wife and I left our wedding on a hot air balloon from the Boar's Head but they don't do it anymore. I want to suprise her for our 25th anniversary in Sept!

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Air Balloon from Hotel or B&B

Did you contact Bear Balloon Corp. directly? Their website still says that their balloons take off from Boar's Head...

www.virginiaballoonrides.com

I couldn't find info on whether or not any of the other hot air balloon companies take off directly from a B&B or hotel, but you could Email or call them -- these are the ones listed in the local yellow pages:

www.bonaire-charters.com

(I see these folks out quite a bit--and Keswick Hall lists this company on their website: www.keswick.com)

www.virginiahotairballoon.com

www.blueridgeballoon.com

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Air Balloon from Hotel or B&B

Thanks so much, I actually called Bonaire-Charters and they do take off from the Inn at the Crossroads. We've stayed there and it's nice, I just had no idea they could launch from there. The Boar's Head just ain't what it used to be so we are looking forward to going back and taking a balloon this time.

I really appreciate your help, it's always tough to plan things from afar. I've read your other posts and you're advice is top-notch.

Brian

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Air Balloon from Hotel or B&B

Thanks for the compliment! And if you need any further info, feel free to post additional questions and I'll do what I can for you. --Amy

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
74 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot Air Balloon from Hotel or B&B

I don't know if you have already made your plans, but I have seen the balloons take off from Cedar Springs Inn when I was bringing wine tour guests back from tasting at the wineries.

Salut!

Erika & Chris

Arcady Vineyard Wine Tours

Charlottesville

C'ville
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot Air Balloon from Hotel or B&B

You can check with the Inn you're interested in, or with local balloon companies. Bonaire-charters.com and virginiahotairballoon.com are smaller, more private companies that work with the B&B's in the area. Very professional and friendly. I know they've traveled to the Inn at Sugar Hollow, Inn on Poplar Hill and In at Meander Plantation. I don't know if they do others.

Remember, wind will dictate whether or not they'll set up there or have to drive you elsewhere . . . .September is beautiful for ballooning around here.

6. Re: Hot Air Balloon from Hotel or B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 11:18