We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying Downtown

Which Charlottesville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
730 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Staying Downtown

We will be staying at the Omni, and were looking for suggestions on where to eat dinner, that would be in walking distance of the hotel. also what time do most of the store close on a weeknight?

Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying Downtown

Nobody has mentioned Christian's Pizza or Bodo Bagels. You are going to eat lunch, right? Rev Soup is delicious, too.

I go to all the restaurants mentioned here frequently and you will get a great meal if you ask the servers for recommendations. For example, I had a guest who found the meatloaf at Bizou too spicy! This was funny to me, because it is one of the favorite comfort foods in town. If you want local color, you can also try Escafe for a drink at the bar. The murals in the restaurant were painted by a local artist and feature local faces. Coffee is serious in Charlottesville and the Mud House just down the block from the Omni will start your engines with a good cup. For the higher priced restaurants it is a good idea to ask for a reservation on weekends ahead of your arrival, since they get crowded. For shopping, store hours vary, but most are open until at least 6:00 pm on weekdays. My favorite store is The Jeweler's eye, which is a hidden treasure with lots of estate jewelry at very reasonable prices. The Charlottesville Ice Park is right across from the Omni and it is fun to watch the little kids on Saturday morning.

12. Re: Staying Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 19:20