My wife and I are planning a 3 or 4 night trip to charlottesville in february or march. We were originally planning a beach getaway, but the cost of flying and the unpredictability of pregnancy (twins!) led us to charlottesville.
We'll be driving in from Philly. It looks like the Omni would be good for us to be right in town for strolling/eating/shopping, so I'll probably go with that. The other option would be Boar's Head, so she could use the spa, but I'm leaning away from that.
Looking for ideas on:
1. Stops between Philly and Charlottesville (possibly traveling Rt. 29 on the way down and up 95 through DC on the way back? Any antique/second-hand stores to check out? Good food?)
2. A good place for a massage in Charlottesville. Surprisingly, it looks like the Omni doesn't have?
3. Nice, low key place for good, cheap food and local music for the evenings. We are both vegetarian, so italian, thai, mexican? What's good?
4. Is it worth checking out a UVA women's basketball game? How's the atmosphere?
5. Finally, I realize the weather is pretty much the same as in Philly, but for that and activities, should we try to hold out into March if possible? I'd like to plan soon, but obviously it will all depend on her.
All ideas are welcome! Thanks for helping me plan...