We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

virginia
Level Contributor
763 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

Has anyone been to Three Notch'd and Duners Restaurant. Are they good. We have a dog and would like to have him sit outside with us if possible. The prices are in the range of $22-28. Prices and menus look good but not sure if food is good. Please help me, or recommend some other places. Thanks. Eleana

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

Both of these have reviews here on Trip Advisor. Have you looked at those?

virginia
Level Contributor
763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

I have looked at the reviews on TA. Some are not that recent. Can anyone recommend some restaurants with price range (20-28) in C'ville or surrounding area. Thanks. Eleana

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

I have dined both places and they are equally good. I believe the owner/ chef of 3 Notchd use to work at Duners so as you would expect, the menus are similar and they change daily.

Do keep in mind. Duners does not take reservations and can get quite busy. I'm not sure about 3 N. I highly recommend both.

virginia
Level Contributor
763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

Thanks so very much for info on restaurants. Eleana

USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

If you would like to bring your dog I would recommend choosing a place on the Downtown Mall (weather dependent). For outdoor dining I would recommend: Rapture, Hamilton's (higher end), and Bizou, among others! Or you might just want to stroll the mall and review the menus to see what looks good.

Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

Three Notch'd Grill also does not take reservations for groups of 6(8?) or less. I personally prefer 3N but they are both good.

Your dog can sit outside with you at 3N; Duner's does not have outdoor seating.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

I prefer Duner's slightly, but Three Notch'd is very nice, and is on the charming miniature main street of Crozet, whereas Duner's is a little bit more in the middle of nowhere. The food tends to be more inventive and interesting at Duner's, but is definitely solid at Three Notch'd, even if predictable. Can't go wrong, in other words!

8. Re: Looking for a restaurant in the area for dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 07:16