We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After the UVA game

Which Charlottesville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rustburg, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
After the UVA game

My husband and I will be in C'ville for a UVA game on 11-26 and plan to stay overnight. We're looking for ideas for a reasonably priced place to stay with restaurants and bars/entertainment within walking distance. Will be grateful for any suggestions on the hotel, as well as the restaurants and entertainment.

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: After the UVA game

Lol, a game? You mean the VT vs UVA game?

It's good your asking now since you need to book that very soon if not yesterday.

There are many choices but in my opinion there is only one good one, the Omni. It's right on the Downtown Mall and you can get to Scott Stadium easily by cab. Driving in town that night, unless you know you way around, will be a headache.

Let's Go Hoos!

BTW, anyone in Hokey gear that night is fair game. Turkey is in season in C'ville!

Edited: 04 August 2011, 21:40
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: After the UVA game

If you want to walk, definitely stay at the Omni. There are certainly less expensive places to stay, but the Omni is right on the mall so you can walk to any of the restaurants for dinner (or take the trolley to to the corner) or hang out at any of the places for a drink. Or even just have dessert at any of the amazing places on the mall. There are a number of places down Rt. 29 where you could stay but you would have to drive from most of them except for maybe one or two that happen to be on or close to the corner where the free trolley passes. But the Omni is the most central of all the places.

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: After the UVA game

For great, personal taxi service try Taco Taxi at 434-882-8226.

This is not my company but one I've used and highly recommend. Roberto will make sure you get to and from the game.

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
331 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: After the UVA game

yeah, it might be tough to find a hotel with rooms available for that weekend. i would check as soon as possible. if you can't get the omni, you can also check the hampton inn, courtyard by marriot, or red roof inn on main street. all are pretty close to the corner and are maybe a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium. the omni is the furthest hotel out of that group - maybe a 25 minute walk. you might also want to consider whether you'd rather be closer to the "corner" or the downtown mall. the corner is where the undergrads go. it's very crowded and is a very young bar scene. the downtown mall is more a young professional crowd, sort of. it won't be as much of a zoo, and is generally a better scene for anyone over 25 years old. so depending on which you prefer, the red roof is on the corner, the courtyard and hampton inn are halfway btwn the corner and dt mall, and the omni is on the mall. the good thing with all of these hotels is that they are all walking distance to the game and are all very close to many restaurants and bars.

Rustburg, VA
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: After the UVA game

Great advice. Thanks to you all!

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: After the UVA game

I'd say get any room you can find at this point.

Go Hokies!!!

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: After the UVA game

I just looked on Orbitz and all of the better places, including the Omni, are already booked. As was was stated, you need to move fast or they'll all be booked and you'll end up 20 miles away.

8. Re: After the UVA game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 03:16