We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine tours

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
wine tours

hi,

is it best to go on a trip organized by a company or can you hire a taxis to do a wine tour for you? thanks

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine tours

I'm not sure any taxi companies will do such a thing but that would be my last choice.

Hiring a car service/limousine is an option. The drivers are usually knowledgeable about the different options and can guide you but they aren't wine experts so if you need that a tour is best.

Of course you can drive yourself provided you'll have a designated driver.

Services provided by these companies are varied so I suggest you consider your needs and choose. I don't require a lot of attention and prefer to make my own schedule so tours aren't my choice but they certainly work for others.

Do keep in mind that weekends here are very busy and there can be long waits at some of the more popular wineries.

Edit to suggest you get an early start if on a weekend.

Edited: 20 June 2012, 20:44
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
317 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine tours

If you go on to livingsocial.com for Charlottesville, Norm's Taxi Service is providing a 4 hour wine tour for $120. The offer lasts another 3 days.

3. Re: wine tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2017, 08:53
4. Re: wine tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:45