We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oregano Joes???

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Oregano Joes???

Does anyone remember the Italian restaurant called "Oregano Joes" that once was in Charlottesville? They had the best Gorgonzola dressing ever! Did they open another restaurant under a different name? Did the chef go to another local restaurant? I know this is a long shot, but one never knows.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oregano Joes???

Wow, now there's an ancient memory. Oregano Joe's closed in about 1999 or 2000, if I remember correctly. I'm not aware of them having opened under a different name, sorry. I remember the shock the day I drove past and saw they were out of business. If I remember right, that location is now occupied by a two level Arch's Frozen Yogurt.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oregano Joes???

Thank you so very much for your reply. Yes, it was a long time ago, but the food was so good (IMO) that I was only hoping. Have a great day.

Ruckersville...
Level Contributor
479 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oregano Joes???

The former owner may have opened Stonefire Kitchen in Barboursville, Va. I was told, at one time they were part of Stonefire Station, but I am not sure. I miss Oregano Joes. also.

Edited: 06 October 2013, 00:30
4. Re: Oregano Joes???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:19