We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breweries and Beer Tastings?

Virginia
Level Contributor
64 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Breweries and Beer Tastings?

Will be staying in C'ville for a weekend in February. Have visited several wineries in the area on previous trips but wondering about any places for beer tastings, tours, etc? Thanks!

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
346 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breweries and Beer Tastings?

Down in the Nelson County area by the Blue Ridge Mountains you have Blue Mountain, Devil's Backbone, and Wild Wolf breweries. They are about 40 minutes from Cville and all offer tastings, food, and brewery tours on weekends, I believe. Saturday early afternoon would probably be the best time to do this if you wanted to include a tour of each place. They typically take less than 30 minutes each. (Blue Mountain is my personal favorite in terms of making the best beer.) All 3 are nice facilities with good views of the mountains. On the way back to Cville, you can stop at Starr Hill in Crozet. These four are the main breweries in the area. There's also the James River Brewery in Scottsville, which is also a little bit of a drive from Cville. In town you have 3 Notch'd, Champion, and the oldest, South Street. Enjoy!

Virginia
Level Contributor
64 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breweries and Beer Tastings?

Thanks so much for your response. Will probably try the ones closer in to town for this trip and the others on our next trip. I don't drink beer but my hubby has suffered through numerous wineries over the years so I wanted to surprise him with some beer tastings for our weekend getaway. Thanks again!

3. Re: Breweries and Beer Tastings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 06:18