We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Friendly (3 dogs) lodging around Charlottesville??

Manassas, Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
Pet Friendly (3 dogs) lodging around Charlottesville??

Hello,

I'm trying to surprise my wife with a trip to Charlottesville for Valentines Day. Unfortunately, we have 3 dogs and can't leave them behind. We live in NOVA, but would rather do a weekend trip then a day trip. Are there any places in the area that allow several dogs? I know some hotels are dog friendly, but 3 dogs may be asking too much. Are there any cabins or similar places that can accomodate us? Going to do visit some wineries and breweries. Thanks!!

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
333 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Friendly (3 dogs) lodging around Charlottesville??

I don't know of any specifically, but I'd start out by looking at vrbo.com and airbnb.com for rentals directly from home owners in the area. I think you might even be able to filter for pet friendly in your search. plus you'd have a little more room, as I bet a hotel room would get pretty crowded with 2 people and 3 dogs!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Friendly (3 dogs) lodging around Charlottesville??

I agree with Yankeebaseball. If you can't find any place suitable, one option would be to contact Karen at All Things Pawssible. We have a bunch of good boarding facilities in the area but love ATP. They have the regular facility, which is also doggie daycare and a training facility, where the dogs have their own rooms at night but get to play all day. If your dogs are temperamental or have special needs you could ask about South Paws (I thik that's what it is called). It's basically a house in the country where they take the dogs who can't be with other dogs during the day. We learned of them through the SPCA when we were looking for a trainer. Our dog was a rescue and can be skittish so he has spent time at the South Paws facility twice. He loves it- we would normally never board our dog and always traveled with him or had friends/ family watch him but it is a relief to have ATP as a back-up if needed. South Paws does book up fast so if you might need that as opposed to the regular place I would call as soon as you know. I don't know how quickly the regular rooms book.

I'm not trying to sell them and do know others also love other facilities, but if you need to board them this is a good option. But good luck finding a place where you can vacation with your dogs!

3. Re: Pet Friendly (3 dogs) lodging around Charlottesville??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:19