We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

Could anyone give your advice on rental companies? My husband and I are celebrating our 31 wedding anniversary and we have never been to Chincoteague. We are looking for a spot with a view of the water and a dock for fishing and crabbing. We love to cook so hoping we can catch a little and cook it.

We are planning on July 28 for a week. I would love for any rental company or individual to respond. Nothing too fancy, this why we are drawn to such an island.

Thanks so much,

Knoxville TN

Beaufort, North...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

www.frbo.com

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

I believe the site the previous poster mentioned is for long-term rental property. But you could check Vacation Rentals by Owner (vrbo.com). Home Away is another "rental by owner" online site you could try.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

We are renting from Island Property Enterprises, Inc. http://www.islandprop.com/

They have a lot of listings and might have something that would suit your needs. We haven't stayed yet (we're going for Pony Penning), but so far our dealings with them have gone smoothly.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Beach Haven...
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

Hi mather, we use Island Getaways, as I said we were located on Marsh Island and you can fish right from the docks. I'm not sure what you mean by "beach instead of inlet" but there are no accomodations on the beach since it's a National Seashore. There are house on the channels and bays. If you go on

www.chincoteague.com, rental agencies will come up, then on some of them you can enter what you're looking for and the dates, then whatever meets your needs will come up.Hope this helps.

BLOOMINGDALE, OHIO
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

Try www.igetaway.net. There are alot of homes there and very reeasonable. We just rented one for September.

Delaware
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

We rented from Chincoteague Resort Realty last summer and are renting the same house this year. The company is great from what we have experienced as well as what I have read in positive comments and reviews. http://www.chincoteagueresort.com/

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

gobeach has given a great reply...attempting to explain to you that chicoteague has no beaches....Asseateague is actually a national game refuge.......only for wild game refuge, we are given the privilege to visit the beautiful 26 miles of beaches along asseateague and Tom's cove during dawn to dusk.

Chincoteague is exactly as go beach has explained... a strip of land betweem the chinoteague and asseateague channels with beautiful sunrises and sunsets along the channels and creeks.

This place is rustic and surreal ,nature and shoreman at their best......people live here for their entire lives and make their livelyhood from the sea the hard way with hard work on the rough rough waters of the sea.

The delmarva penninsula is genuine and pictureque.

Simply,

Devine

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

An update - we spent a week on Chincoteague, and we went through Island Properties Enterprises. Check in went very smoothly, as did check out. They mail the security deposit in about a month's time, so we don't have it yet. The house was clean and in a quiet location with a water view, but of one of the little ponds and not the channels. It was perfect for us.

Mather, who did you rent from? How did it go?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

Zoey and mather,

Which houses did you rent? I saw there was a cut effeciency for rent on marsh island(Chincoteague Channel) called "LOVE SHACK" with great views and waterfront for $400.00 a week for Peak season and only $200.00 a week for Off Season.

Another astounding & spectacular waterfront rental ideal for 2 people was called Bay Watch" ideal atmosphere & decore. Not overly priced atPeak Season all especially a great value for the Off season. I think it was harbour rentals mgt? I am renting a waterfront condo on Fiddler Bay on the east side and I especially like rentals from Island Getaways and Bill Cherri is always great in assisting me in researching all the availabile homes and finding the best vacation rentals for my families needs and desires.

My friends have rented from chincoteague resort realty had had a fantastic rental. Just research and find whats best for you visit.

Simply,

Devine

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental company? Please help. Week rental with water view.

Zoey and mather,

Which houses did you rent? I saw there was a cut effeciency for rent on marsh island(Chincoteague Channel) called "LOVE SHACK" with great views and waterfront for $400.00 a week for Peak season and only $200.00 a week for Off Season.

Another astounding & spectacular waterfront rental ideal for 2 people was called Bay Watch" ideal atmosphere & decore. Not overly priced atPeak Season all especially a great value for the Off season. I think it was harbour rentals mgt? I am renting a waterfront condo on Fiddler Bay on the east side and I especially like rentals from Island Getaways and Bill Cherri is always great in assisting me in researching all the availabile homes and finding the best vacation rentals for my families needs and desires.

My friends have rented from chincoteague resort realty had had a fantastic rental. Just research and find whats best for you visit.

Simply,

Devine