We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches in August

Which Chincoteague Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KY
1 post
Save Topic
beaches in August

We want to visit the last week of August but are not sure the water will be warm enough for the kids at the beach. Can anyone tell me if we will be able to get in the water?

Thanks for any help.

Dot

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches in August

Yep - that's still full-blown summer here. So come on.

maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches in August

Be prepared I have been in July and it has been just chilly and then in August and it has been much cooler. It just depends on the storms in the Atlantic

pittsburgh, pa
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches in August

when my daughter was younger and we didn't have to worry about school schedules we used to go down the first week of sept to get off season rates and the weather was always great- july 99 we went down and was cold and windy until the end of the week, so i guess it just depends??

leaving this friday coming and can't wait, i'm so ready!!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,757 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches in August

Just got back from Chincoteague - the beaches were busy but not overwhelming! I thought the water was cool and just waded a bit, but there were people further out and it looked like they were really enjoying the water. August should be just fine!

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches in August

Aug. is the best time to visit Chincoteague the weather is great and the water warm!!!!

6. Re: beaches in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island