We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip for 5 sisters.

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Topic
Planning a trip for 5 sisters.

My sisters & I are planning a trip for the week of July 4th. While in the area, we'd like to visit Chincoteague. They wanted to see the pony swim, but it looks like we'll miss that. Unfortunately, my sisters aren't laidback tourists. They travel with a daily agenda. Is there enough to do to keep them occupied, w/o the swim? We can still see the horses running on the beach, right? Should we spend the night on the Island or make it a day trip from VA Beach? (We plan to stay at VA Beach a few nights.) If we stay the night, where should we stay? Our requirements are very clean accommodations & 2 bathrooms. Being able to see the horses from our accommodations, would a big plus.

Sorry for so many questions, but I don't want to suggest a destination they won't enjoy.

Thanks in advance for your help. I really appreciate it.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,877 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip for 5 sisters.

If they like nature and wildlife, there is plenty to do. In addition to visiting Assateague and the ponies, there is the Wallops Flight facility, wineries on the Eastern Shore, interesting little shops, etc.

To see the ponies on the beach, the best place is from the Maryland side of Assateague. To be able to see them from your accommodations? Hmmm. The Refuge Inn has their very own ponies on premises.

A good website for Chincoteague is http://www.chincoteaguechamber.com/index.html

I'd stay all night and go to the carnival, which will be running July 3 - 5.

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip for 5 sisters.

Thanks for the info. I've been exploring in Chincoteague Chamber site, but didn't realize there was a carnival on those dates. I guess I should have looked more thoroughly. ;-) That sounds fun. I'll look for more info on it, & pass along the Maryland info also.

I'll look into the Refuge Inn. Now that I know they have a carnival, they may prefer to stay closer to it though.

Thanks again, you've been very helpful.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip for 5 sisters.

There are many bike,boat,and kayak rentals in town if you want to explore the islands,just access the Chamber of Commerse page and take a look......

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip for 5 sisters.

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

5. Re: Planning a trip for 5 sisters.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 21:20