We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurants

Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Good Restaurants

I am looking for suggestions for Chincoteague restaurants where you can find some good (fresh) seafood. I've been to Don's and Etta's and thought they were so-so. Didn't care for Maria's at all as the day we ate there (last year) the food was terrible. I've read some reviews on here and have some ideas but I'm not sure as all my family wants to eat is seafood. Has anyone been to Steamers since they were under new ownership? We ate at Skippers for breakfast and thought it was decent but I hear they are no longer in business (did not care for dinner there). Does anyone have any suggestions? We really dont' care about the atmosphere or price (can be a hole-in-the-wall type place as long as the food is good.) Thanks

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurants

We like AJ's and most people like The Village. Bill's is pretty decent too.

NewJersey
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurants

Try the Sea Shell cafe -- across the street from McDonalds at entrance to Refuge -- their menu is on line.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurants

The Village and Bills are our two favorites. In fact, The Village, Bills, and Island Creamery are where we do 95% of our eating while in Chincoteague. Surprised to hear that about Skippers being out of business because they've been there so long, but I really thought their food was lousy. I also agree with you about Maria's, lexi30. We went there once & never went back.

ponyislgal
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurants

you should try Mr Baldy's for breakfast. Lunch is decent also...they have a bit of everything... Something for the whole family.

Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurants

Does Mr. Baldy's have a breakfast buffet or just a breakfast menu? My family is pretty much only interested in seafood for dinner. We are going to make lunch at our rental home. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Purcellville...
Level Contributor
309 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Restaurants

Mr.Baldy's does not have a buffet.The food is pretty good though.I would stay clear of the Sea Shell Cafe,dont know if we hit it on a bad day but it was terrible.We like the Village for sea food and there is an all you can eat sea food buffet with prme rib on it on the other side of the island(cant think of the name it might be the Chincoteage Inn).Have a great time and dont forget to go to The Island Creamery for ice cream the best you will ever have. SYOTR

NewJersey
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Restaurants

Check the latest reviews of the Sea Shell Dave-- it was a new place this year. Most people love it. Its come a long way. Try it again if you had a problem!

Mr. Baldy's is consistently good.

The prime rib is at the Chincoteague Inn -- sometimes good sometimes not -- but a good buffet if you are after quantity.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
191 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Restaurants

My husband & I ate lunch at Mr Baldy's and he had to send his burger back because there was something wrong with the bun. He wouldn't show it to me, so it must have been gross.

We did enjoy Bill's Seafood and AJ's on the Creek was ok. We did not get to eat at The Village but it came highly recommended by friends and the Hampton Inn where we stayed.

Have fun!

Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Restaurants

Where is the Village located? I have the address but is that near Assateague Inn? We stayed there a few years ago (we are now renting through Island Property Enterprises) and they suggested a restaurant and I can't remember the name of it and we ate there and it was very fancy and nice but the food wasn't memorable. Could this have been the Village?

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
191 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Restaurants

The Village Restaurant was across the street from AJ's by the Creek, they are on the road to the refuge. Before the refuge Village is on the right and AJ's in on the left (they are on the creek)