We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

Hi all!

I am heading to the island on Sept 5 for five days with my mom, my sister, and my 18 month old son. I have a question concerning restaurants. My son does not always have the best "restaurant manners", and I was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions for some dining options that would be not only "kid friendly", but "toddler friendly". I really don't want to spend my entire vacation eating in McDonald's and pizza places. Would like to have some seafood if that is in any way possible with a toddler. If not, then I guess I'll be getting my dinner to go and eating in the hotel!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

NewJersey
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

A few suggestions.

Mr. Baldy's is kid friendly -- diner type of place -- shouldn't be a problem.

The Sea Shell Cafe has two outdoor eating areas. If it is nice you can sit on the front porch and/or on the side picnic tables -- pefect for kids. Just check inside and they will wait on you outside.

Marias is very big inside -- sit off to one corner and you won't be in anybody's way -- they always have seafood specials.

Woody's BBQ is great -- not seafood -- eat outside and/or get to go.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
191 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

In April my husband & I ate at Mr. Baldy's, it's a place where the locals go and I do not recommend it. My husband had to send his burger back because there was something wrong with the bun. He would not show it to me, so it must have been gross.

We ate at AJ's by the Creek or something like that, I would not recommend that with a toddler. We ate at Bill's seafood, I think you could take your son there, they are a little fancy but very nice and they have booths and tables, so which ever works best for you. The Village was highly recommended to us by friends and the Hampton Inn where we stayed, however it was only open one night that we were there and that night we went to Bill's not knowing we should have gone to The Village and saved Bill's for the next night.

The refuge is great, we saw ponies, turtles, and deer. And we collected sea schells on the beach at the tip of the island.

Mentioned in this post
Bill's Seafood Restaurant
Bill's Seafood Restaurant
2,078 Reviews
Chincoteague Island, VA
AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

For lunch, we went to Memorial Park and the picnic tables. We took pizza or sandwiches. We don't have a small child but think its pretty there.

Here's a link to a picture of one of views.

alandsuejohnson.com/assateague%20folders/chi…

You might need to pick a restaurant, take your son and see how it goes. Seems like a lot of people do that anyway.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

Thank you all so much for your help. I guess we're going to have to just give it a try and see how it goes!! If things start to go downhill, we'll just have to get the rest of dinner packed up and take it with us! I wouldn't want to ruin anyone else's dinner with a wailing toddler. Thanks again!!

5. Re: restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island
Recent Conversations