We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat and take a boat tour to see ponies

Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
places to eat and take a boat tour to see ponies

My husband, myself and 4 kids will be visiting the island in April arriving late on April 17th and leaving on the 18th. We would like to take one of the boat tours to see the ponies. The kids ages are 16, 15, 9 and 5. If anyone could give a recommendation between Daisey's and Capt. Don's tours I would appreciate it. I have looked at both of their websites and they seem like identical tours. If someone could recommend a place to eat - not fast food, but not too fancy - with three boys we could feed them sawdust and they would be happy. They do enjoy seafood and trying new things. We are staying at the Hampton Inn. Thank you in advance.

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
505 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to eat and take a boat tour to see ponies

Hi- I like Daisy's personally, but they are both good tours. What you will see will pretty much depend upon your good luck and weather conditions on the day of your tour. If you don't get to see what you want, do take an afternoon drive around the Wildlife Loop on the Refuge - you may see some ponies there. Also some of the southern herd can usually be seen from the road on the Refuge - just to the right after you pass the Center. As for food with kids I always recommend Mr. Baldy's on Ridge Road. They are good with kids and not too fancy - there is a neat mural in the back room that children love. One note - it's under new management this year since Mr. Baldy is ill. Another kid-friendly place is Maria's on Maddox Blvd and if you come back in season, Woody's is great fun. Hope you have a good visit!

2. Re: places to eat and take a boat tour to see ponies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2011, 22:08
Iowa Park, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to eat and take a boat tour to see ponies

Daisey's is tops..

bear in mind, what you see will depend on alot of factors..we saw the ponies, but they werent super close to the beach when we took our tour.

As for eating...The Village is VERY good..not terriably expensive and "kid" friendly. Famous Pizza is good and on your way out, grab lunch to go at Captain Zac's if you want to taste the best crabcakes on the island!

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: places to eat and take a boat tour to see ponies

Could you please be more specific about the location

5. Re: places to eat and take a boat tour to see ponies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 00:16