We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early June visit, first time visitors with our 6yo

Which Chincoteague Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Early June visit, first time visitors with our 6yo

We are a family of three with a 6yo and I am considering a trip to Chincoteague in early June. We will be travelling on to Richmond afterwards.

Any accomodation recommendation would be appreciated. We were thinking of spending three or four nights. We love water views, relaxing on porch/patio late afternoon and walking distance to restaurants would be desirable.

We are open to a hotel, B & B or a short-term rental.

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
478 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early June visit, first time visitors with our 6yo

Hi- There are many, many properties on Chincoteague that would match your criteria. Pretty much any hotel, B&B or rental home on Main Street would have views of the bay with spectacular sunsets. Those in the downtown area are within walking distance of many restaurants - even a 6 year old would be able to manage the walk. Without knowing your price range or personal preferences, I would hesitate to get more specific, but if you click on "Vacation Rentals", "Chincoteague Island Hotels" or "Chincoteague Specialty Lodging" you'll find lots of reviews for all sorts of price ranges and areas. You also might want to call the Chamber of Commerce here at 757-336-6161. They will be able to give you lots of helpful tips. Hope your trip is lots of fun!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early June visit, first time visitors with our 6yo

I would like to keep lodging under $250 per night. We don't need a seperate bedroom for our son, a seperate bed is fine as when travelling we all sleep better if he is close by.

The Hampton Inn caught my eye as the balconies overlooking the water appealed to me. I briefly looked at Sunset Bay but those listed as weekly rentals.

I read reviews of many of the hotels on TA, the Hampton seems to get the best. The Waterside Inn gets good mentions also but their website shows rooms that look a little tired and dated for my taste.

I will check out the Chamber of Commerce. Thanks.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,759 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early June visit, first time visitors with our 6yo

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn, and it was great! We walked to downtown, but if the Pony Express (trolley/shuttle) is running, that's very handy, too.

Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early June visit, first time visitors with our 6yo

A less expensive option if you need it would be the Assateague Inn which is well under your price range - has a good view over a marsh and Oyster Bay and is much cheaper. The Island Motor Inn is also lovelly and has a great view without the bridge.

Alexandria, VA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Early June visit, first time visitors with our 6yo

You might want to contact one of the rental companies. Many rental properties are listed as weekly rentals -- but are willing to take partial weeks during early June. It is worth a shot to negotiate. Keep in mind the cleaning fees -- this is sometimes included in the rental cost and sometimes added as a separate charge.

6. Re: Early June visit, first time visitors with our 6yo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island