We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Drive-By Visit...Best Place for an Hour?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Drive-By Visit...Best Place for an Hour?

We'll be en route from Hatteras to Baltimore on Sat. June 9, so we don't have a whole lot of time for exploring (unfortunately!) Where would be the place to go for the most "bang for the buck" to get a look at the ponies, hopefully in a natural setting. Is the town of Chincoteague worth a visit, or should we concentrate on either the national or state park? I don't have any idea what to expect there, so I want to maximize our time. Thanks!

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
505 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Drive-By Visit...Best Place for an Hour?

Hi- if you only have an hour, I would suggest driving straight to the wildlife refuge. You can reach it via Chincoteague by coming across the bridge (rt 175) and continuing straight down Maddox Blvd (aka Beach St). You can easily drive around the refuge in an hour - usually you can see ponies off the main road on the right side just past the entrance. If you have time, stop at the visitors center which is terrific (and has clean restrooms which you might need!) I'm sure you'll want to come back for a longer visit another time.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Drive-By Visit...Best Place for an Hour?

Perfect! Looking at the map now, it would seem like this route is the easiest to reach from Route 13. I promise we'll plan to stay longer next time... thanks so much for the help!

3. Re: Quick Drive-By Visit...Best Place for an Hour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:16