We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Weekend

Which Chincoteague Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Memorial Day Weekend

Hello -- my family of 6 is headed to Chincoteague for the Memorial Day weekend. I haven't been in a very long time, so am wondering if it is going to be very crowded. I'm certainly expecting more folks than usual, but for example, should I book things like a nature cruise or bikes in advance? With teens, I generally like to wing it, but am thinking I might need to do advance planning! (We do have hotel reservations!) Thanks.

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
478 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Hi - You might want to book the cruise ahead of time if possible, but I would think bikes will be available. We always anticipate a crowd for the holiday weekends and I would just suggest that if your family tends to get impatient when hungry, you might also make restaurant reservations or prepare to wait. If your hotel doesn't serve breakfasts, you may want to bring or purchase some staples, so that if you end up with a long wait, your teenagers won't get crazy. (also good advice for parents of little ones - there can be lines at breakfast time!)

Hope you have fun! -Tina

2. Re: Memorial Day Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:41
Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island