We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving on to Eastern Long Island

north palm beach, fl
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Driving on to Eastern Long Island

Hello, we are driving from S. Fl to Chincoteague for the first part of our vacation. For the second part, we will drop my husband off at an airport and then continue on to Eastern Long Island. Which airport would be best for my husband to fly out of and for us to continue on??

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving on to Eastern Long Island

That depends on where and how he wants to fly.

The closest airport is Salisbury MD (SBY) but it has limited commercial service. I think it's just commuter flights to Charlotte and Philadelphia and a weekly flight to Orlando/Sanford FL.

Philadelphia (PHL) is the closest large airport that wouldn't be out of your way, but it's about 3 and 1/2 hours from Chincoteague.

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving on to Eastern Long Island

You can get a flight out of Salisbury on one of those little USAir planes - as mentioned above, they have limited service. I would not suggest Philly - way out of the way. Newark NJ is on the way to Long Island. Just drive north on Rt. 13/US 1 to the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Continue north through Jersey on the NJ Turnpike and you will hit the airport at exit 14. You can continue on to Long Island via the Holland Tunnel, Rt 278/ Rt 495. Just use MapQuest to get exact driving directs from the airport to your destination. (also you might explore the jitney from the airport to Montauk if that works for you!) Hope you have a fun road trip!

3. Re: Driving on to Eastern Long Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island