We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Hello. Are there any bars/clubs with live music on Chincoteague Island? We have a house rented for pony swim/penning 2012 and would probably like to "go out" one or two evenings while there for a few drinks and some music is possible.

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

There are several bars with music - the Chincoteague Inn, Chatties (above Don's Seafood) and AJ's usually have live music on the weekends and during pony penning, they have entertainment throughout the week as well. Usually a few other restaurants might also have entertainment that week, since there are a lot of visitors in town. It's not on the level of Ocean City, but you can have fun on the island!

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Thanks for your reply Tina56_8.........you're awesome! How would you rate the seafood at either the Chincoteague Inn or Don's? It would be convenient to go for dinner and then be able to stay for music. Of all of the restaurants in Chincoteague, can you name a few personal favorites that have reasonably priced, fresh seafood? We do not need pretentious or fancy ......... Thank you.

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

For dinner, Don's is a better bet than the Inn. That said, I love to sit at the deck bar of the Inn for peel & eat shrimp & beer. It just isn't really someplace I'd go for a real sit-down dinner. Tommy Clark, who owns Don's, has his own oyster beds - and I've never had a bad piece of flounder there. Also, the Crab Shack has just re-opened with new managers and we've had several great meals there too!

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

One note - a little secret, if you're willing to travel a little bit south of Chincoteague, there's a hidden gem in Saxis on the pier. It is about a 30-40 minute drive from Chincoteague - just follow the Saxis road off Rt 13 South to the very end. Martha's Kitchen has no sign - just an "open" neon light in the window. It's very rustic, the restrooms are out back, but you can get the BEST crabcakes or soft crab or breakfast there - and it would be really hard to spend $10. It's only open for breakfast & lunch, no alcohol and she's not open on Sunday. Worth the trip though! You can reach it by boat too since it's right on the pier.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Thanks for the info Tina56_8. It is always good to hear from someone who is a "local" whether they frequent a particular restaurant/etc. You know the restaurants in your area, just as I know the places where I would eat or take my friends to here where we live. The trip to Martha's Kitchen sounds like a great idea ............ I have never been to Saxis. Thanks again.

Harrisburg, Pa
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Nifftan;

Chincoteague Inn is unique...good food. Outdoor patio, plastic chairs or picnic tables. Kind of your 'country' atmosphere. Expect paper products, plates etc outside but a great scene to have fun.

Dons, very good food, sitdown air conditioned and indoor. More restaurant quality service while the Inn is more outdoor and scenic.

The american legion is another place to grab a beer.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Thanks for the input.......... looking forward to our week in Chincoteague!

West Chester...
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Agree about Don's food but love the architecture at the Chincoteague Inn.

The first time we went to the Inn, years ago we had this really neat water view table and the shrimp boats were going past -- I had to pinch myself to be sure I wasn't in Disney World where they would have the boats going past on a track : )

West Chester...
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Thanks Tina ... I've added Martha's kitchen to my list for our next trip to Chincoteague!

Courtland
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any "night life" in Chincoteague?

Hey...Is the Chincoteague Inn open now...in March?