We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier island

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Tangier island

How long does it take to get from Chincoteague to Tangier Island? Is it a good day trip yo take with young children - or do you think they would be bored?

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
501 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tangier island

Hi- I found a good link about Chincoteague to Tangier Day Trips - chincoteagueislandvacations.com/Day-Trips/Ta… - I'm not really sure if this would be appealing for young children - it really would depend upon your kids' interests. Most folks get around in golf carts - that & the ferry ride in themselves could delight many kids I know! Alternatively, you might look at the train museum in Parksley (about 30 minutes south of Chincoteague) - it's cute, and includes a model railroadd setup that children enjoy a lot. I also recently visited the Delmarva Discovery Center in Pocomoke MD (about 30 minutes north of Chincoteague) and found it to be a beautifully interactive place for kids to explore. It's located right next to the river, and could be coordinated with a boat ride to see the eagles nesting. Even closer to Chincoteague (just off Rt 175 in Wallops Island), is the Marine Science Consortium. Take a look at their website - http://msconsortium.org/ - they often have day programs for families and if their schedule matches yours, it's sure to be a hit! Of course you know that there are lots of fantastic things to do right here on Chincoteague for children - I usually never get the chance to take my young visitors to any of these other fun places!

2. Re: Tangier island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 04:16