We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance Tickets

boston
Level Contributor
171 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advance Tickets

We arrive Sunday, August 18th and leave Tuesday, August 20th. Is it still really crowded? Is it possible to purchase tickets for the bus tour in advance? Do i need to purchase tickets for a boat tour in advance. Is the island still really crowded?

Daisey's Island Cruises
Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Captain Dan's Around the Island Tours
Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Saltwater Pony Tours
Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advance Tickets

Hi- Everything is relative! For those of us who live here, the island is crowded in the summer. Coming from a city like Boston, it's pretty quiet here! Aside from Pony Swim week, we aren't as crowded as other resort areas. I never had any trouble getting a ticket for the bus trip on the day of the tour, but you can order tickets in advance by phone from the Natural History Association at (757) 336-3696. As for boat tours, I generally make a reservation for my visitors a day or two in advance if I have a particular time in mind (like sunset, for example). There are many different boat tours available, so if one is booked, I just call another. I think if you look over the reviews here on this site, you can select one or two and give them a call in advance to make a reservation. Just do keep in mind that if the weather doesn't cooperate, the captain might have to cancel your trip - try to be flexible, since safety is their first concern. I hope you have a wonderful sojourn here on our island!

2. Re: Advance Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:18