We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creeper Trail info

Miamisburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Creeper Trail info

Hi, our family is from CO and we are considering doing the Creeper Trail in the late summer or early fall. We will have our own bikes and gear. What we are wanting to do is start in Abingdon and bike all the way to Whitetop and return. Has anyone done this in a day or would you recommend doing it in two or three days with a sleepover in Damascus. (Abingdon -Damascus-Whitetop-Damascus-Abingdon). We would appreciate any recommendations for lodging too. Thanks!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Creeper Trail info

Welcome to the forum. I have not yet biked the Creeper Trail but have been researching it, in hopes of going this year. If you haven't already read the TA reviews of the trail, look here...............

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g57658-d14…

I also found this site helpful and interesting................

http://www.vacreepertrail.org/

Hope this helps and please write a review or trip report of your adventure.

Happy trails

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Creeper Trail info

You sound like a professional biker, so you can probably handle the ride from Abingdon to White Top. It is uphill (admittedly the incline is slight in many parts, but still ....). Even though I'm a whimp, I can't imagine doing the whole trail back and forth in one day, unless of course you're a die-hard dedicated biker who is used to long rides. If you decide to break up the trip, there are some camp grounds, but the hotels will be in Damascus (at which point you would have completed 3/4 of the trip anyway). Creeper Trail Campground is at Whitetop.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Creeper Trail info

If you will have time to bike additional trails, consider the New River Trail. It's a rails trail and most of it runs along the New River, mostly level, very scenic, several small towns and trailheads. The trail is basically from Galax to Pulaski (Damascus to Galax is about 75 minutes by car). If you are interested check out my review and another TA reviewer here.................

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g57945-d77…

Happy trails

4. Re: Creeper Trail info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Damascus