We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need dinner suggestion please in Dumfries or Herndon area.

Houston
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need dinner suggestion please in Dumfries or Herndon area.

My husband and I are staying in Herndon for business but we are meeting some family friends who live in the Dumfries area for dinner tomorrow night. I don't know the area at all and was hoping someone would have some suggestions for a nice dinner (steak, seafood) in or around either one of these areas.

I have not found anything helpful through this site or Yelp.

Any help would really be appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
650 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need dinner suggestion please in Dumfries or Herndon area.

There is not too much except fast food in Dumfries. I would recommend going just a few miles north on Rt.1 to Woodbridge, the neighboring town and make a left onto Dale Blvd. then a right onto Potomac Center Blvd and eat somewhere in the Potomac Town Center/ Stonebridge. It is brand new complex with upscale shops and restaurants. For steak and some seafood there is Firebirds. For Chinese,there's PF Changs, Fine Mexican at Uncle Julios and great Italian at Travinia Italian Kitchen. You are also close to Potomac Mills Mall which newly added a Cheesecake Factory and Bahama Island grill. There are also many chain restaurants in this area as well.

Houston
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need dinner suggestion please in Dumfries or Herndon area.

Great! Thank you so much for your help.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need dinner suggestion please in Dumfries or Herndon area.

Meet your friends in the middle in Manassas and go to Katarina's Greek in the Old Town Manassas area. It is non-chain, and WONDERFUL. Find it online here and read all the reviews. If you decide on that, you will probably want to make a reservation with them as it is a small place, and so popular (because it is so good) table wait can be long, even on a weeknight.

Fort Belvoir...
Level Contributor
171 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need dinner suggestion please in Dumfries or Herndon area.

Cracker Barrel is in Dumfries , you can go outside the area to some other places as well. I think there's an Olive Garden in manasses. I know there's a good chinese food place in manasses as well. A little crowded but good.

Reply to: Need dinner suggestion please in Dumfries or Herndon area.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries