We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyline Ranch Resort, Front Royal, VA

GMT
Davenport, IA
1 post
Save Topic
Skyline Ranch Resort, Front Royal, VA

Has anyone stayed at this facility? It is a RCI resort and camp ground. I am thinking of renting one of the condos. Please let me know any information you have about the resort and/or the surrounding area. Make recommendations if possible. Gail T.

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
582 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skyline Ranch Resort, Front Royal, VA

HI!

I live in Winchester which is about 20 miles north of Front Royal. I don't know about Skyline Ranch Resort, but can help you with the area. Basically, there is not much to Front Royal. There are a few restaurants and such, but it is not much of an attraction. However, Front Royal is the gateway to Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park so there are gorgeous drives and hiking in the area. There are also places nearby to canoe/kayak/raft as well as caverns to visit. This area was also very big during the Civil War so there are battlefield sites and other historic stuff. There are also some vineyards.

You don't say how many or ages in your group. Also, it depends on your interests and time of year. If you are "outdoorsy," there is a lot to do. And, even if your not, there are things available. Front Royal is a little over an hour from DC by car.

If you have any more questions, please post.

Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skyline Ranch Resort, Front Royal, VA

Skyline Ranch Resort is located about 5 miles or so from me. I've been to a few gatherings there and it's a nice area. Spacious clubhouse and facilities. I've lived in the area most of my life and though it's not exciting city life, it's quite peaceful and definitely beautiful. The views are awesome and there are historical landmarks nearby. Skyline Drive is very closeby and there is also Skyline Caverns for some underground exploring. This is also Virginia Wine Country and there are many great wineries to visit. Let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Skyline Ranch Resort, Front Royal, VA

I will be visiting in October and when my boyfriend and I were there last year around that time we happened upon a peach orchard on the off beaten trail where we picked our own peaches. It was a side road on the way back from a winery. I am sure this is a hit or miss, but would you have any idea. I think it might have been near Flint Hill or maybe close to the Marriott ranch.

Thanks

piedmont sc
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Skyline Ranch Resort, Front Royal, VA

yes was there in november of last year and loved it, so much to do and the area is breath taking, it was a 10 hour drive for us but well worth it..and town is not too far ...a must see

5. Re: Skyline Ranch Resort, Front Royal, VA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 15:18