We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to borrow or buy used baby equipment

Arizona
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking to borrow or buy used baby equipment

We are travelling to Elkton, VA in September to celebrate my Great-Grandmothers 100th birthday :) My sister has one year old triplets.

Since Harrisonburg is the closest city to Elkton I was wondering if the locals could reccommend a place where we could buy some used baby items to make the trip a bit easier.

We will need:

highchairs (small compact, think restaurant) x 3

travel playpen x 2 or 3

gates of various sizes

jumparoo's x 3 would be helpful

We will be flying into Baltimore and driving south so a stop along the way would also be possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thank you in advance,

Auntie

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to borrow or buy used baby equipment

Check out www.craigslist.org for the Harrisonburg area (before you arrive), you may find just what you need. When you arrive check local thrift stores too. Good luck.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to borrow or buy used baby equipment

Check yard sales. Every time we drive through rural areas, it seems there is a yard sale on every corner and parking lot.

Arizona
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to borrow or buy used baby equipment

Craigslist is a great idea. I will have to check closer to the date of travel to see if there are any items up for sale.

Do you happen to know of any locations of thrift stores that tend to carry baby items? In PHX we have a store called Once Upon a Time and all they carry is kids items resale.

Thanks for the reply.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to borrow or buy used baby equipment

I don't have personal knowledge of the thrift stores but go here to get a list:

www.harrisonburgtourism.com/v.php?pg=15

If the link dosen't work, go to www.harrisonburgtourism.com, visitor information, antique and thrift stores

Enjoy the birthday party.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,508 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to borrow or buy used baby equipment

You might see if The BArely Worn is still going...540-434-4662.

You have to get all that for...just a few days' stay? I made a suggestion like this before on another issue and it worked out so I'll throw it out again. If your family in the Elkton area has a church or civic club/group they belong to they might ask/give you their number for help in this, given it's a 100th birthday celebration of one of its members and the great-great-grandkids need their little things. People often just love to help with stuff like this at times like this.

If not, if you have a group/church in your area...contact the branch in the general Elkton area. Afterwards you might write a nice letter to the editor with a pic of g-g-grandma and the triplets.

6. Re: Looking to borrow or buy used baby equipment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 22:19