We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French resturant in or near Harrisonburg?

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
French resturant in or near Harrisonburg?

My elderly Aunt moved to Harrisonburg and I am going for a visit soon. She does not know the area well and neither do I. Can anyone reccomend a French resturant there or not too far of a drive. She is in her late 70's and does not drive well at night. I will take her there,but she will want to go after I go home on special occassions so I don't want her driving too far.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French resturant in or near Harrisonburg?

Charlottesville has a French restaurant called Fleurie and another called L'Etoile, but that's about an hour drive, which is probably too much for your aunt to do on her own.

Harrisonburg does not have a French restaurant that I'm aware of. If your aunt is simply looking for elegant dining, you might consider the Joshua Wilton House.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French resturant in or near Harrisonburg?

Are you only looking for French or elegant dining options?

There is a Family-style restaurant run by Mennonites that we enjoy when we are in the area. Great home-style cooking/comfort food.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French resturant in or near Harrisonburg?

Joshua Wilton House has a fine dining restaurant that is outstanding.

Joshua Wilton House @ 412 South Main St., Harrisonburg, VA 540 - 434 - 4464.

http://joshuawilton.com/

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French resturant in or near Harrisonburg?

Not in Harrisburg but just a hour and half north is a world class French country Inn The Inn at little Washington you will not be disappointed there,

georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French resturant in or near Harrisonburg?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will take her to the Joshua Wilton house and not let her know about the others. She can be stubborn and would drive that far to eat French. She was a nurse stationed in France in the 60's and it brings back a lot of fond memories for her.

Reply to: French resturant in or near Harrisonburg?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted