We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few hours

Virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
a few hours

I will be traveling 3 hours to visit my daughter at Lynchburg College. I will only have 2-3 hours to spend time with her before I have to head back. Do you have any ideas on what we could do/see? It will be in late July.

Virginia
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: a few hours

Well, we have decided to stay overnight. Do you have any suggestions for a hotel close by the college...with a pool and safe and affordable? I think if we get there by 11 we can sign her out, shop, lunch , swim at the pool then dinner and take her back. She has to be signed back in by 7. Thank you in advance!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: a few hours

You can get some ideas from this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g57919-i1983-k1911…

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: a few hours

If you go to the left margin here and click on hotels and accommodations you will get a list of hotels but also a very handy feature. About midway down on that page along the right is a square that says something like 'map of lynchburg'. Click on it and you will get a map with the hotels flagged. Click on the b&B option and you'll see those flagged. Move the page a bit and you need to remember to click on the 'reload' option on that page.

So, you'll notice that Quality Inn and Econo Lodge are along the main hwy, east of LC.

Don't know them, but check the reviews. Don't know if they have a pool.

Holiday Inn Select, #7 on the map, sort of north of LC, has a nice lobby, a spot to eat. I understand they have a rooftop pool.

If you click on the little blue house for "View B&B", actually the flag with #1, Ivy Creek B&B, has an indoor pool.

Probably the closest lodging is Acorn Hill Lodge and Spa...it's lovely with porches and acreage and not exhorbitant. I'm not sure if they have a pool though. You will see it by clicking on the little green house "view other lodging".

As you see, accommodations are not right near LC but a few options are not far.

You might also consider the hotel sort of in the vicinity of the shopping and eating, like the Wingate which has an indoor pool. We've been there a lot involving family reunions but I cannot remember if there's an outdoor patio beyond the pool area but I recall there being glass across the back of the pool area and tables and chairs around the pool deck and we always enjoyed it. There is glass on the other side too which joins the large breakfast area. We have ordered pizzas and bought sodas and at our supper there. You might be able to do that and have it brought to the desk or to the pool, which is near the check-in desk.

14. Re: a few hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Lynchburg
Recent Conversations