We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoga Ashram Stay in India

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Yoga Ashram Stay in India

I just completed an Ashram stay experience with fantastic yoga. The people and facilities at the Ashram were more than fine. The HealthAndYoga staff, who organized the trip were available to answer any questions which I feel is very positive for any Westerner who otherwise may find the Ashram life out of sorts, and were quite good at following up with me after the event. In all, a wonderful traditional India experience thanks to HealthAndYoga.com

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

I am plannig to travel to India as a sola female traveler, I want to study Yoga teacher training, in either Hairware or Reishikesh.

Can anyone advise me on any good Ashrams please?

I feel that the money they look for online is very expensive for India & think is I travel there woul dI get a better deal? What is the normal 200/300 hour price range?

What is like for a lone traveler arriving in Delhi & making the trip to these towns & around? ( I have traveled alone many times)

Any other tips welcome.

Thanks!!

Gerrards Cross...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

which month of the year do you intend on travelling... there is an exclusive event - kundalini yoga and music festival happening in rishikesh in nov. for more details visit ecoilyn.com/fairs-and-festivals.php?&start=10

thanks

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

Great thanks! I plan to go either in mid Aug or early Sept...do you have any information on any good Ashrams please?

I will be sure to check that festival out... :)

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

How much was it & did you book before you arrived? for how long did you do it & did it include accom? :) Sounds great!

Gerrards Cross...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

i am going there in early october and intend to be there for a month long... there are few ashrams i know .... will have to check for their names and then can get back to you.... kundalini is going to be a great yoga and music festival on 11.11.11 try if you can make it to.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,457 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

Sivananda

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

Hi. I am also travelling to Rishikesh for about 8 days between the 25th Sep - 9th October, and I am looking for a suitable Ashram, Course and/or Retreat. I am traveling as a single girl and would like to know where I am ending up and have accommodation included. I also practice yoga regularly, daily, and would want something that is focused in improvement rather than a beginner course. I am in discussion with HealthandYoga but its very, very expensive. Does anyone have any ideas for anything else? Also talking to Rishikesh Yoga Peeth but they say on their website that for people who are used to the western form of physical yoga this may not be for them (which is my case). Some advice would be apreciated!!!!

mumbai
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

hi.first travelling from delhi for a lone traveller is little bit risky during night time.also make sure u book it from authorised agent.in rishikesh there r many ashram.one of my fav is madhuban.u can try their wellness plan.also if u r nt travelling during diwali it would be better to directly check the places as u will be able to get better deals

Dehradun, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

hey, a decent accomodation not be more than 200 - 300 rupees per day..

Miami
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Yoga Ashram Stay in India

Hi

Im going to Rishikesh for 11-11-11, where do you recomend to stay for a yoga retreat and the festival. I found SWAMI DAYANANDA ASHRAM for ayoga retreat from October 30 to Nov 7, how much is normal to pay for acomodations food and tuition?

Thank you!

Get answers to your questions about Rishikesh
Recent Conversations