We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit rishikesh

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
best time to visit rishikesh

Please let me know the best time to visit Rishikesh for beach camping and river rafting activities.

Delhi
9 posts
1. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

hiiiii

I w'll suggest you to go Rishikesh in

October-15th November for River Rafting and Camping on the beaches along the river/ Pilgrimage/Yoga and meditation

2. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 July 2011, 22:35
India
Level Contributor
39,488 posts
56 reviews
180 helpful votes
3. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

September to March will be the ideal season for general tourists of Rishikesh. Though, tourists and pilgrims visit Rishikesh/Haridwar round the year. Because, Rishikesh is the gateway of Chardham, May to October is the season for Chardham visitors. However, winter and spring are more pleasant in Rishikesh.

AshisRoy

Edited: 29 July 2011, 12:04
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
38 helpful votes
4. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

JohnyKaplan

I dont want to be seen as picky but !!

13 postings = 13 reccos for the same travel agency ?

You are depicted in your avatar as White, and from the USA !

But your grammar throughout those 13 postings, suggests anything but ?

That is not intended to be a derogatory remark, or in any way racist.

Johny is spelled "Johnny," or should be, I doubt you'd mispell your own name for any reason ?

So I am assuming that you are Indian, in India most of the time, and spamming for an Indian travel agent.

Had you been aiding , and boosting a worthwhile cause, I would say nothing about it, but to just keep plugging a travel agent, is not fair to the people who trust what they read on these pages.

Travel agents can advertise on TA , but I think TA would prefer that it was paid for. It would also be more credible to the majority of participants using this forum, for the agent whom you shamelessly plug continuously.

I could of course be wrong, I was once before, I dare say I shall be yet again, but I doubt it will be upon this occasion.

Rishikesh, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
45 reviews
51 helpful votes
5. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

For rafting best time is Novemeber, when the temperature is not very low and not very high.

Suggest go in November

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
24 reviews
9 helpful votes
6. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

October November and February March. I would not recommend December and January because the temperature is very low. You will not enjoy camping and whitewater rafting in winter.

Vivek

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
32 reviews
22 helpful votes
7. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

Sir,

Would you advice some tips about how to get to Rishikesh by bus or train? I want to go from Delhi. In case of bus or train, which one you think would be good idea. Where exactly you recommend to stay, i will go and visit all temples and in the evening would like to attend all the rituals near ganges.

tks

Edited: 07 October 2011, 14:30
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
377 posts
49 reviews
24 helpful votes
8. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

Hey

I would suggest to take the train. We had a good monsoon this time and the roads to Rishikesh tend to get very bad after the monsoon. The train is at a good time and for local travel you will get ample public transport there and the place is not that big anyway.

The train will take you till Haridwar and there after just take a cab or a bus till Rishikesh about 25kms from Haridwar.

Hope this helps

Udit Hooda

about.me/udithooda

brisbane
Level Contributor
605 posts
16 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

You are not being picky you are just being vigilent and protecting our site. There have been questions asked about the validity of so called "hotel reviews" as well..

We should all fight to keep this site free of commercial interference.

Unfortunately I view many postings now on TripAdvisor with caution..

Expose any dodgey postings !!

Edited: 21 December 2011, 02:51
10. Re: best time to visit rishikesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:22