We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

My daughter is attending this 200 hour program and will be flying to Delhi Sept 28th. She will be met at the airport by someone from World Family Yoga and then taken to a hotel for the night. Apparently there are 27 people in the group coming from a variety of places. In the morning they take a coach bus to Reshikesh and I am a nervous wreck about this whole thing. I am hoping the bus ride to Reshikesh is safe. I have interregated the site and have talked to the organizers but am still not feeling easy abut the entire thing. Does anyone have any advice or opinions. Has any one been to this ashram or possibly going as well?

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
1. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

It will be safe don't worry !

cheers !

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
2. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
3. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

your welcome ! India is a cool country , your daughter will be safe.

cheers !

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
4. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

Me again. I have been reading too much info on the net. I see more places she should avoid rather than go close too. Sounds really scary especially being so close to Pakistan. Rishikesh is in the state of Uttarakhand which appears to be in a safe area. Have you actually travelled to these areas?

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
5. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

I have and is all safe to travel + is not any closer to pakistan,

cheers,

clarck

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
6. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

Well the pakistan border is close enough for me LOL Okay so are all these reports a little over done and should I stop reading them LOL

C:)

Rishikesh, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

Cherie...your daughter will be safe and even nearest Pakistan border is 450kms away from Rishikesh

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

<Okay so are all these reports a little over done and should I stop reading them>

Yes Cherie, please do stop reading them! :) The next thing you should read is your daughter's JBR! LOL

Edited: 27 September 2011, 13:30
9. Re: World Conscious Yoga Family - Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:18