We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

Zomba, Malawi
3 posts
Save Topic
yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

I am travelling to India and I found a 7 day stay package at a yoga ashram in rishikesh on healthandyoga.com. I like the package, pick up from airport to hotel to Ashram etc

I am supposed to book by paying the whole amount, online I will find everything in order.

Straight to the point, has anyone been through this experience is it safe to send the money before I leave. Its an internet thing and I dont want to overlook that some may set up bogus sites etc.

Please help!!!

Bombay, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

I am not sure about your site but i know for sure there is Sanskriti yogpeeth which is into same thing.

provide yongers to yoga traning including all broading/fooding/lodging /rafting /ayurvedic massage and etc..!

You can read their website or mail them to find out . at - sanskritiyogpeeth@hotmail.com

or Check webpage - www.sanskritiyogpeeth.com

Bobby

Zomba, Malawi
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

Thank you so much for the information. I have checked the website you gave me and will contact them.

Michelle

3. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2012, 13:52
4. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2012, 14:35
Edited: 17 June 2012, 14:35
5. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 07:03
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

There are no 'yoga ashrams' in Rishikesh as far as real yoga is concerned. The most popular ashram in Rishikesh is perhaps the commercialized parmarth. There once was a true yoga guru in Yoga NIketan but he left for America and there is no good yoga in Yoga Niketan ever since.

If you're looking for yoga in an ashram facility, try Himalayan Yoga Academy. These folks hire great yoga teachers, you won't regret. And, they developed a really holistic course program. AND, they occupy three buildings in the oldest ashram of Rishikesh – Swargashram.

There is also a yoga school in Laxman Jhula called Sri Sant Sewa Ashram. It is mentioned on Lonely Planet. An absolute "No go" from me. They are a yoga guesthouse at the most.

In Tapovan, there's Anand Prakash ashram which is yet another guesthouse calling themselves an ashram. Yogi Vishva and his canadian wife charge $3,000 for a course where most of the time you'll be doing self-practice.

In Ram Jhula, there's Rishikesh Yog Peeth. Rates are humble – $1200 for 4 weeks but most of the time you'll be drawing/colouring chakras. Teachers are really basic.

So, bottom line… I totally recommend Himalayan Yoga Academy as (1) a profound yoga school (2) based in a real ashram. Link: yogaacademy.in/india/rishikesh/swarg-ashram

Boston
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

Anand Prakash yoga ashram is 700 rupees a day, which is just over $250 a month. Where did you get the $3000 from?

Sydney
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

Hey sp29, so have you been to Anand Prakash yoga ashram? Any comments? we're thinking of going - we are looking for good, active/flow yoga classes, good food, clean accommodation and cool people.

thanks

Danielle

Sydney
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

Hiya,

Any feedback on Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram? We are looking for good active hatha yoga classes, good location, good food, cool people etc.

Thanks

Danielle

Sydney
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: yoga ashram stay at rishikesh

Hey sp29, so have you been to Anand Prakash yoga ashram? Any comments? we're thinking of going - we are looking for good, active/flow yoga classes, good food, clean accommodation and cool people.

thanks

Danielle