We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Term Yoga Stay in India

Which Rishikesh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Long Term Yoga Stay in India

I am a 24 year old female solo traveler. I am currently in Thailand and would like to make my way to India in about 5 months. I am interested in staying at a yoga retreat center or ashram to learn and practice yoga for a longer period of time, perhaps 4 to 6 months. I am only interested in this to benefit my own mind and body, aka I am not looking to become a yoga teacher. Preferably, room and food would be inclusive. The idea is to stay as long as I can for as cheap as I can, while learning and practicing as much as I can. I am on a limited budget and cannot afford to spend a lot of money. I'm hoping there is an option for something like this and would really appreciate any advice or recommendations. Thanks!

1. Re: Long Term Yoga Stay in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 14:11
2. Re: Long Term Yoga Stay in India

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 14:11
Panipat, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Term Yoga Stay in India

well,rishikesh is the best place to be at for that , as being the world capital of yoga and it has all for soul searching as well as fun..and as you wanna go economical,,its all economical here in rishikesh for yoga aspirants..you can start with parmarth niketan ashram for that..then you can explore by living there only,,as you will be here for a good six months..

Bombay, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Term Yoga Stay in India

Namaste !! If you want to do Meditation Teacher Training or Meditation Retreats - then check online details about Shree Mahesh Heritage and if you willing to do yoga teacher training training then Rishikesh Yog Dham

you may refer their website - www.rishikeshyogdham.com & www.smhrishikeshyoga.org

Both the center is available in Rishikesh.

Thanks

Bobby

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Term Yoga Stay in India

Hello,

As everybody else has already suggested, the best place to stay for Yoga - meditation - human design readings etc is Rishikesh !! For a long term economical stay, you'd get guest houses like Tripti Guest house at about INR.300 per day.. You can also opt to stay in Ashrams but the maximum time you can stay would be about a week to 10 Days, but that would be a great experience !

Happy to Help :)

Warm wishes,

Sush !

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Term Yoga Stay in India

Among the places you could consider would be Rishikesh ( Parmarth Niket, Dayanand Ashram,Shanti Kunj) Neyyar Dam near Trivandrum ( Shivananda Ashram),Madurai ( Shivananda Ashram), Chennai ( Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram), Mysore ( you can have a look at http://goindia.about.com/od/yogawellbeing/a/mysore-yoga.htm),Pune ( BKS Iyengar)

7. Re: Long Term Yoga Stay in India

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:15