We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks in India

Which Rishikesh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
3 weeks in India

Hello! I need some help with my India Itinerary. I am going to be starting in Rishikesh as I have a yoga training I'm doing there. When it finishes I have 3 weeks to travel around India and the more I have tried to plan, the more places I want to add to my list! As of now I am hoping to do Rishikesh - Amritsar-Delhi-Agra-Delhi-Mumbai-Goa. I know this is trying to cover a lot of land but is it possible? I am hoping to take trains from place to place as I enjoy train travel and find its one of my favorite ways to see a culture, though have read it may be less than efficient. I am also a solo female traveler hoping to meet some travel mates at hostels/in Rishikesh so my parents can sleep at night but ultimately I have no problem traveling on my own which I have done numerous times before. I'm just hoping for any input in this itinerary. Would it be possible to fit in Varanasi? Should I fly from Delhi to Mumbai? Is it safe to travel on trains alone?

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), India
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks in India

You can definitely do all that you plan in 3 weeks

Delhi will require 3 days, Agra 2 days (I suggest a guided tour by bus from Delhi), Amritsar can be done in 1 day. Mumbai will need 3 days and relaxing in Goa can take as many days as are left. Factor in train travel which will take a total of 4 days. My personal opinion on Varanasi is that you can give it a miss especially when you have so much time in Rishikesh.

Travelling by train is perfectly safe. Check out this link on advice to book train tickets in India.

seat61.com/…20outside

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
259 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks in India

What u have not mentioned is the time of yr visit to India. In Rishikesh you will not have any problems in finding travel mates. Lot of solo travelers come for the yoga training from all over the world. In 3 weeks you can do all you intend to do including Varanasi. Keep Goa at the end of yr trip as Goa is known as " Place for vacation during vacation" More attractions can be suggested depending on yr visiting month.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks in India

Dear Guest,

Greetings!!!

Please find suggested itienary as belwo.

Day1: Rishikesh – Shimla (By Drive )

Day2: Shimla

Day3: Shimla – Dharsamshala (By Drive )

Day5: Dharamshala

Day6: Dharamshala – Amritsar (By Drive )

Day7: Amritsar

Day8: Amritsar – Delhi (By Train)

Day9: Delhi

Day10: Delhi – Varanasi (By Flight / Train )

Day11: Varanasi

Day13: Varanasi - Khajuraho (By Flight / Train )

Day14: Khajuraho

Day15: Khajuraho – Agra (By Drive + Train 12001 / NDLS Shatabadi at 1759 / 2030 Hrs., Class –chair car)

Day16: Agra

Day17: Agra – Jaipur (By Drive )

Day18 : Jaipur

Day19: Jaipur – Mumbai (By Flight )

Day20: Mumbai

Day21: Mumbai

Day22: Depart Mumbai

Best regards

delhiguide

4. Re: 3 weeks in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 17:05
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 weeks in India

hi Jessica!

i ll be in rishikesh at october29....and planning travelling to Rajastan after that. when are you planning to get there?

Haridwar, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 weeks in India

hi Jessica!

Any Assistance in Rishikesh , Tourist Help Line No +917500754717 Uttara Tourism

Kerala, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 weeks in India

thats nice tour programe train travel is very safe in a/c class other sleeper coach lots of crowded and some people travel with out taking ticket . varanasi is nice places to visit .golden triyangle DELHI-AGRA-JAIPUR is amazing, in amirstar try to visit waga border thats owsome and funny , if you have more time try to vist kerala

gods own country. have a safe travel..........................

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 weeks in India

Dear Friend,

My name is Anshul and i am originally from Dehradun, India, currently working in Malaysia.

As i am aware that you have visited Rishikesh and other places in Uttarakhand, India, I would request you to help me in the survey that i am conducting. I am conducting a survey on "Tourist's Risk Perception on their Decision making while visiting Uttarakhand". As I am interested in your views and opinions, I have created a short questionnaire which I would like you to complete. The questionnaire is simple to complete as it only requires you to express your opinions.

Should you agree to participate in this survey, you will be requested to response some questions relating to your background and your experiences in Uttarakhand. Please click on the link below to go to the survey.

I would also request you to forward this link to your contacts who have visited Uttarakhand and ask them to complete this survey. Your help in this regard and also completing this survey will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks. https:/…viewform

9. Re: 3 weeks in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2015, 05:16