We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long bus ride with a baby?

Tartu, Estonia
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Long bus ride with a baby?

Hello!

We would like to travel to Koh Chang in the beginning of November. There are 4 adults and 11-months old baby. We are arriving to Suvarnabhumi airport. I am a little scared of taking the public bus since I have no idea how would my baby handle this long ride. How often does the public bus make stops? And what is the fastest way to get there?

Also thought about private transfer so we can stop whenever we want. Do you have any suggestions where could I find a private driver? Do they provide high standard child seats or should we take ours along?

Thank you for your advice!

Mentioned in this post
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
6 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Long bus ride with a baby?

With 4 adults and a baby I would suggest getting a quality car service

https:/…bangkok.html would cost about THB 6,500 -7,000 for all of you in a van includes the ferry for 5 passengers

Baby seat on request

Are the flights ( flight to Trat and then transfer to the pier for the ferry ) too expensive ? That would be the easiest but probably expensive

Ian ( from Koh Chang ) no doubt will come and offer also tips for transfer services

Edited: 18 September 2017, 15:39
Mentioned in this post
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long bus ride with a baby?

Tripadvisor reviews for Oriental Escape - these are not the cheapest at all but they do offer a first class service though

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Re…

Tartu, Estonia
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long bus ride with a baby?

Thank you singlouissa for the suggestions. Yes, flying would be too excpencive for 4 people.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long bus ride with a baby?

Hi Reene M, I had to go back over my old reviews as I couldn't remember the company name we used to pick us up from Bangkok and drive us to Koh Chang several trips back..It was called Evolution Tours, it looks like they have had a name change to Asia Evolution Tours.

We have also used Oriental Escape and they are a really good company to deal with as well.

Have a look on iamkohchang.com and see if there are any others.

Having a private driver gives you the option to stop for breaks when needed. Good luck with your planning. CJ

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long bus ride with a baby?

( Hi CJ - not seen you on this forum for a while)

From Suvarnabhumi to Koh Chang there's a big bus at 0750 and minibuses at 1100 and 1400.

They'll make a couple of quick stops on the way. But you won't be able to chose when to stop.

A private transfer is the best option if you want a safe, sensible driver who can stop when you want to for a break.

Evolution Tour is a good company, I used to use then for transfers to Koh Chang and they still handle the Cambodian transfers booked through my site.

For private transfers from Bangkok I now use a group of drivers based on Koh Chang. See : https:/…car-minibus-transfers.html for more information - no problem to provide a baby's car seat for you.

Mentioned in this post
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Tartu, Estonia
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long bus ride with a baby?

Thank you for the advice!

For group of 4 and a baby how is it most convenient to get around on the island? Renting a car or hiring a driver or something else?

Reply to: Long bus ride with a baby?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted